Every year, Google encourage and support the local GDG chapters to organise a DevFest, but they leave it up each group to decide the size and shape of their event.
GDG Cardiff had the idea of collaborating with all the tech meetups in Cardiff, to organise a “DevFest for everyone interested in developing and coding”.
We are super excited to announce that AI Wales, Cardiff Go, Cloud Native Wales and Rust/C++ meetups are already on board and more to follow soon!
We’re putting together a full day of sessions to learn, socialise and promote diversity in the development community. See more details about our vision below.
A festival for everyone interested in developing and coding.
Sessions to get started, level up and step up as a developer
- Hands-on introductory labs for just about everything
- Deep Dives into the latest tech and greatest ways of working
- Taster sessions for courses and certifications programs
- Mentor matchmaking and career advice
Talks and support to help you contribute to the community
- Sessions on giving talks and leading workshops
- Meet a Meetup organiser
- Google community programs: Experts, Developer Groups, Student Groups and Women Tech Makers
- Breakout area with games
Doing what we can to support diversity in the local tech community
- Women Tech Makers breakfast to connect before the event
- Talks about creating an inclusive culture by employers and recruiters
- Pop-up Creche and kids coding sessions
- Cymraeg: Welsh language lanyards, badges and bilingual signage on the day